Most bloggers have heard about, been nominated or received the Liebster award, and I'm really honored to have been nominated and added to the list by two amazing bloggers, Practicing Normal and Kara at Chasing Zoie. Thank you both! I'm truly thankful that there are wonderful people out in the blogoshere that stop by and read my blog. Everyone please check out and follow these two great blogs!
For those who don't know, the Liebster Award is for up and coming bloggers that have fewer than 200 followers (on different networking sites), to be recognized for sharing awesome content and for working hard at growing and developing their blog.
Here are the questions I was asked by Kara:
1. How did you decide on the name of your blog and what did it come from?
My maiden name was Wright and now it's my middle name. Since Wright is a homophone with right & write, I thought it was a great play on words. I live a pretty simple life and like coming up with and sharing ways to make most things more simple. Simply Wright was something I had floating around in my head for a while and was excited to use it as the title for my blog.
2. Where does your blogging inspiration come from?
For sure from my family. I have three littles running the show around here and everyday I'm coming up with new ways to make life a little bit more special and fun for them, without going crazy. I take pride in being a mother and wife, and the duty I serve to my family. Having a fun outlet or hobby to share our adventures it what gets me fired up to go online and present our life in the blogoshere.
3. What is it that you love most about blogging?
I love sharing ideas and getting people interested in new ideas. You can learn so much from other bloggers and the sharing of stories and ideas is what makes it so fun. Networking and meeting new people that I would have otherwise never met is pretty cool, too. You really never feel alone when you can go online and "talk" with others in similar living situations.
4. What is your favorite food?
Salad! Spinach to be exact. I think I could eat salad all day, everyday. In a pretty close second and third would have to be flour tortilla chips and granola cereal (yeah, and you thought I was healthy with the whole salad thing, ha!)
5. What is your favorite thing to drink?
Tea!! Black or green tea if iced, green or herbal if hot. I only drink water and tea, nothing else.
6. What is an item you can't live without?
Oh man, that's tough. There are lots of things I can't live without....my kids, my husband, my mom...but if it's a thing I'd say my computer (so first world of me).
7. If you could live anywhere in the world, where would it be?
I would go back to Europe. I'm not sure which part but some place where my kids could grow up healthy and happy, where my husband and I could make a nice home, and where we could live a more simple life.
8. If you could meet anyone from history, alive or dead, who would it be?
Jane Austen. I'd ask her questions about her drive to write the stories she told and what it was like to live in a time so different to our current time.
9. What is your favorite outdoor activity?
Walking or running. I walk everywhere! Living in Southern California allows for perfect walking weather. A good run never hurts either.
10. Where do you see yourself in 5 years?
Gosh, living in Europe with my family in our forever home, going on more adventures with our "older" children. Hopefully I will have checked off some of the items on my personal bucket list, like publish a fiction novel, have a post go viral and make more money than my husband ha!
11. What are 11 random facts about yourself?
1. My husband and I said "I do" 3x (once in Austria, 2x in California).
2. I played water polo in high school.
3. I married my husband after 5 months of dating.
4. It makes my skin crawl when people wear shoes in my house.
5. My favorite movie is Love Actually.
6. I had one of my children on my birthday (not planned, as he came 10 days past due)
7. I've traveled to 10 countries.
8. I got engaged on New Years Eve at midnight in Salzburg, Austria.
9. My favorite books are Pride and Prejudice and Tess of the D'urbervilles (I know, two very different stories).
10. I've always wanted to be a flight attendant.
11. If it were only up to me. I would have 5 children (2 more).
Here are the questions asked by Practicing Normal:
1. If you were writing a book about your life, where would you begin the story?
I would begin when I was 18 and starting my life as a young adult finding her way.
2. What made you decide to start a blog?
I really enjoyed reading some other blogs and with all the things my family and I were up to, I thought it would fun and a creative outlet.
3. Coffee or tea and why?
Tea, tea, tea! It tastes better, that's why.
4. How has technology change your world?
Outside of my family, I feel like technology is at the center. I'm not a big phone person but I love the internet. The fact that one can run a business, buy, book and sell things all online is amazing. With the introduction of social media and blogs over the last decade, making friends and forming relationships is now a technologically driven thing.
5. What is the strangest present you have ever received?
Not sure, maybe a hand towel. It was a sweet idea but still strange.
6. Share your favourite quote.
There are so many to choose from... "The future depends on what you do today" -Mahatma Gandhi
7. Do your family and friends follow your blog?
I hope so! I know my mom does and that's all that matters. The hubs checks in from time to time, too.
8. What goal do you have for your blog for 2015.
To make it a success. I started in Dec 2014, so 2015 is really the make or break it year. To build a following and get people talking has always been the goal.
9. What is your special talent?
Thoughtfulness. You can be a nice or helpful person, no problem. But to be truly thoughtful is hard to come by. I might not always be the nicest person (I have a serious, sarcastic personality), but I am naturally thoughtful and it comes to me easily.
10. Do you have siblings and how many?
I have one full brother (younger) and a half brother and sister (older).
11. What would be the first thing you would definitely put on your bucket list?
Oh that list is made and getting additions all the time. I want to see and do everything, only now most of those things I want to do with my children (not just my hubs). One thing is to do non-profit work in Africa. I've always wanted to do this but put it off when I started having kids. I'd like to do this with all 3 kids when they are teenagers.
I hope you enjoyed getting to know a little bit about me and my life.
Part of being nominated for the Liebster is to nominate 11 other bloggers that I think are deserving of this award. So here is a list of some great newish blogs that I enjoy and think are awesome, and hope you'll all take the time and check them out.