I love displaying my kid's artwork all over my house. From paintings to slobber on the mirrors, there is no shortage of reminders that my kids are creative and artsy.
Since Lukas has been in preschool, there has been an influx of awesome art around the house. My fridge was starting to get a bit crowded so I started hanging his artwork on the wall using clothespins, making a pretty lame art display. To me, it just looked so messy and still crowded.
I thought about painting the wall a dark color so the art would pop and stand out more. But then I realized I didn't want to paint ha. I thought about buying a pin board or something similar but knew I could make something better and for way cheaper.
Then I had an a-ha moment and ran to the store to get some supplies.
Now, Lukas' art looks way better up against the black wall and is not so crowded. I didn't have to paint and the whole thing cost me under $5 to make. And as a bonus, chalk works just as well on the poster board as it does on a chalk board (who know??), allowing me to leave little messages for the kiddoes!
- Colored Duck Tape
- 2 black poster boards
- Thin Colored Rope
- 10-12 Tacks
- Lay both poster boards on the ground and using the duck tape, tape them together down the middle.
- Going along the front-outside of the two taped boards, make a boarder using the colored duck tape, folding over to the backside.
- Once boarder is complete, hang the black board on the wall using 4 tacks (one in each corner).
- Cut 3-4 long pieces of rope to fit horizontally across your board. Tie them off at each end and tack them to the board.
- Using the clothespins, hang artwork on the ropes.
- Using colored chalk, write draw and design on your faux chalkboard art display!