With the weather getting warmer, around my kitchen that means dishes are getting lighter. Pasta dishes can sometimes come off as heavy depending on the ingredients used, but pasta salads are a perfect addition to any Spring or Summer time menu.
This cheese, garlic and pesto avocado pasta dish is light, easy to prepare, and uses only simple ingredients. What's even better is that it can be served as a warm main dish or as a cold pasta salad side dish. It's a real favorite around here.
- 1 box choice Pasta
- 2 ripe Avocados
- 1/4 cup Chives
- 1 tbsp dried minced Garlic
- 3 Pesto
- 1/4 cup Parmesan Cheese
- 3 tbsp Olive Oil
- Mixed Cherry Tomatoes
- Salt and ground pepper
- Cook pasta according to cooking instructions.
- Using a blender or food processor, blend avocados, chives, garlic, pesto, parmesan and olive oil.
- Blend until the mixture is a thick, smooth consistency. There may be some small chunks.
- In a large skillet, heat 2 tbsp olive oil. Add 3/4 cook pasta and heat.
- Stir in avocado mixture, combine with pasta and heat on medium setting for about 5 minutes, stir frequently.
- Add tomatoes and Enjoy!
- Instead of heating, add avocado mixture and tomatoes to cooked pasta and chill for 30 minutes.