Do you ever get that feeling inside your skin that feels like your insides are going to break through and run in a thousand different directions? Sounds weird but I get that feeling every now and again when I haven't traveled in a while. I have always had an urge to travel. Ever since I was young and my mom showed me an atlas, who we appropriately named Mr. Atlas, I have wanted to see as much of the world as possible. My first trip abroad was to Poland when I was 13 and I saw history in person. My eyes were opened to the beauty of the world, and the match was lit. I knew then that I would forever spend my life traveling, whether alone or with my family, and visiting as many places as I could. To me, getting out and experiencing the adventure and making memories is far more important then buying actual things.
Now I've been many countries and seen things I never thought I would, but there are still so many places I'd love to go. My goal is to spend as much of my 30's traveling to new places and visiting some old favorites. So here are 10 destinations I have yet to visit and hope to in the coming years...
- Scotland- Since my obsession with the Outlander series is at an all time high (have you read the books or seen the show?!), I have to go to Inverness and the Highlands, along with stops in Edinburgh and Shetland.
- Rome- I haven't found too many people who don't want to see Rome. I mean, the Colosseum, the Pantheon, museums and Vatican City. I want to see it all and right now.
- Iceland- Geothermal pools and long bike rides are what draw me to this country.
- Peru- I would love to take a 10 day trip to Peru and do the hike to Machu Picchu. How amazing would that be?
- Norway- Where as I'd love to see everything this country has to offer, I'd really like to see all the old Viking museums and adventures.
- Denmark- I have just always wanted to go to Denmark and see all the old cities and try all the food!
- Singapore- After my hubs was almost offered a job in Singapore and I did all the research I needed in order to move there, I kind of fell in love with this tiny country and now need to go.
- Fiji- After falling in love with Hawaii and Australia, I feel like this might be a place I'd enjoy. Plus, white beaches, warm sand and fruity drinks never hurt anyone.
- Slovenia- Predjama Castle has always been a castle on the top of my 'castle list' (what, doesn't everyone have a castle list?) and it just so happens to be in a country that boarders Austria, where I frequent. I hope one day to make the drive South to visit.
- New Zealand- Now here's a place I would like to just spend a couple of weeks exploring and learning more about. From what I've heard, it's a clean, eco-friendly country.
Where do you want to go?? Have you been lucky enough to live or travel to any of these destinations I listed? Do you have any links to these places with helpful tips? I'd love to know!