Happy Taco Tuesday! I love tacos and I love that you can get them for pretty much nothing on Tuesdays. But what I love doing even more is making my own, healthy tacos, using my own recipes. This week is no different and I have my fav chicken taco recipe to share.
This is a super easy and delicious recipe that is sure to make your tummy, and the littles in your life, happy. I'm all about being efficient and keeping the mess to a minimum when it comes to cooking -ok, in all aspects of my life- and this dish plays to that. I use a crock pot for this dish, however, you can always slow cook chicken the same way on the stove. What I love most about these tacos are how spicy and juicy the chicken turns out.
What you'll need:
- 2-4 chicken breasts
- 1 cup corn and black bean salsa
- 1 package of corn tortillas
- 1 14oz can of black beans
- 1 cup of corn, canned or thawed if frozen
- ground black pepper
- sliced limes
- avocado or guacamole
What you'll do:
- In a crock pot, cook chicken breasts and salsa on high for two hours.
- Once cooked, shred the chicken and stir.
- In a mixing bowl, combine drained black beans, thawed corn, black pepper, and chives. Chill for 20 minutes.
- Get your corn tortilla and put chicken, bean mix and additional salsa inside.
- Squeeze lime juice and add a dollop of avocado.
How much do you love biting into a perfectly prepared taco? I know I'm truly satisfied when my whole family enjoys and actually eats what I make. And these tacos do the trick! Have a great week!