Happy 12 days of Christmas! Wow, this month is flying by! I just ordered my last Christmas gift and I'm feeling pretty good. Now, I just have to wrap everything and get it under the tree... I feel like the hard part is over. With that said, I'm still in a decorating mood. I feel like I get everything up early but then move it all around so many times throughout the month, that by the time I get everything where I want it, it's time to take it all down. And to make things harder, my mom sends me decorating ideas that I just have to incorporate into my decor. Like these Gift Bag Photos. I swear she's a DIY genius because I never would have thought of this. It's so easy and a great way to use the bags you really love and don't want to give away ha. You know you have those packed away for that special someone who is worthy of your favorite gift bags. This was the case with my mom who loved these gift bags so much she wanted them on display. So she created an easy way to spruce them up and get them hung. This DIY is simple, inexpensive, and you probably have the supplies around the house.
What you need:
- Your favorite Holiday Gift Bags
- Frames that are bigger than the bags your choose
- Burlap -optional
- Colored Paper -optional
- Matte -optional
- Ribbon -optional
- Wrapping Paper -optional
What you'll do:
- Remove the handles from the gift bags so that they will lay flat and look like prints.
- Get creative!
- You can use a frame that fits the bag perfectly or get a frame that has a matte, for a finished look.
- Using all your supplies, creative a matte using burlap, paper, wrapping paper, or ribbon.
- Tape whatever finish you use to the inside of the back of the frame.
- Put the frame backing on.
- That's it! Just hang and enjoy for the holiday season!
This is seriously the easiest and least expensive way to get some holiday art up on the walls. You can do a whole theme around the house, or in just one corner. With so many gift bags out there, you are sure to create your own unique design, the decor options are endless. Enjoy this DIY and Happy Holidays!!