Alright, you seafood lovers out there, have I got a recipe for you! My husband is a huge seafood and fish lover and has been requesting all sorts of sea-inspired dishes as of late. The thing is, cooking salmon or tilapia can get pretty dang boring after about a week. A co-worker of Thomas made a salmon and crab meat casserole for him and he loved it, prompting me to step out of my fishy-cooking funk and try some new recipes using his favorite fishy friends. Since I know he loves a good pizza -who doesn't?- I thought I'd try and incorporate the two. I'm not a seafood eater myself, so I went on his good word that this dish is delicious... his words, not mine, and thought I'd share it with you. From what I saw, he scarfed it down and asked for me to make it again, which is, unfortunately, not always the case when I get creative in the kitchen. So if you like shrimp and crab, I highly recommend this pizza!
What You'll Need:
- 1 Pizza Crust
- 2 tbsp Butter
- 8oz Chunk Style Crab Meat
- 2 cups Ricotta
- 1/4 cups water
- salt and pepper
- 3/4 cups shredded spinach
- 1oz Pepper Jack Cheese
- 1 cup Cherry Tomatoes
- Grated Parmesan Cheese
What You'll Do:
- Prepare your pizza crust according to directions- I used a roll of cold pizza dough.
- In a large skillet, melt butter, and add crab meat and shrimp. Cook for 5 minutes with lid on.
- Stir in ricotta cheese and cook until ricotta is thin and bubbling.
- Stir in water and a pinch of salt and pepper.
- Add spinach, cover and cook on medium heat for 7 minutes.
- In a separate mixing bowl, stir together and shrimp/crab mix.
- Apply pepper jack cheese to the pizza crust, then dump the mix over it.
- Cover with grated parmesan cheese.
- Cook in the oven at 400 degrees for 13mins or until the crust is browning.
- Remove from the oven and serve warm.