See ya later 2016 and welcome 2017! I don't know about you but I'm ready and energized for this new year and all the things that are to come. 2016 was an okayish year for me, as it wasn't great but not the worst either. With a new year brings a new attitude for me and I'm pumped lol. I don't want to get ahead of myself but I'm feeling like this year is going to go down as a fabulous year... at least here's hoping, amiright?!
There was so much change for my family and me in 2016 but at the same time, I feel as though in my personal journey I took a few steps back, which is never a good thing or the plan. I HAVE TO make sure that this is not the case in 2017, and that besides taking care of my family, I take better care of myself and my personal journey on this Earth. That might not make sense but when I think about all the positive moments or achievements over the last year that my family and I have celebrated, I don't feel I had much to do with any of it, or, it wasn't anything that I had done. I understand that a family is a working unit and we all play a significant part in each other's successes, I guess I just don't feel as though my contributions were as significant. And that will 100% not be the case this year -you can hold me to it.
On a lighter note, I've written a few goals for myself that I'd love to see happen throughout the year. Some are big and a bit overzealous and some are very doable. I think pushing myself and seeing results will definitely help in my feeling as though 2017 was a successful year next New Years!
Here we go...
Bucketlist & Goals for 2017!
- Take a picture of my kids in the same place and on the same day every month for the whole year. I think I'll make it the 10th of each month. I don't always notice their sweet changes until way after it's happened.
- Make a family emergency kit.
- Travel someplace I've never been before and explore the history of this place! Lots of new places on my lists!
- Go to a rock concert. I've never been to one, ever!
- Don't move lol We have moved every year for the last 4 years and I think it's time we take a year off and just enjoy our home for a while.
- Participate in a race or sport activity. Maybe a half-marathon or fun run.
- Finish decorating the basement.
- Change my hair, like, a major change. What should I do??
- Write a book and self-publish online. This is a must do.
- Blog at least 3x+ a week again. I was so on my game and then life took over and I feel behind.
- Relax and enjoy the little messes in my life. Kids are only little for so long, then the house can be clean. LOL this will be the hardest!
- Spend time with friends more. I've made some really amazing friends in my new town and I've enjoyed taking the time to go to dinners and have kid free nights with the girls. So important.
- Be an overall better human on this Earth.
There you have it! I have more personal goals that I'm not as comfortable sharing online but will work hard to accomplish. What are some of your goals, resolutions, bucket list items for the new year?! Is there anything that we can work on together?? Let me know! Have a wonderful 2017 and thank you for reading xoxo