Who doesn't love a good PB&J inspired recipe?! I know I'm always trying to get my kids to eat more fruit and protein, and traditional peanut butter and jelly is always a good way to get it in them. Breakfast is all of our favorite meal time, so coming up with new and fun meal options is something I strive for. Oh, and quick recipes, too. Trust me when I say I don't have time to be in the kitchen all morning.
I've recently come up with a super quick recipe to make at breakfast that incorporates all of the things I want my kids getting in a healthy diet, while still being delicious and easy to make. These PB&J Breakfast Mug Cakes are filling, tasty, and will have any PB&J lover asking for more.
What You'll Need:
- 1 tbsp melted butter
- 2 tbsp cold water
- 1 egg
- 2 tbsp flour
- 1/4 tsp baking powder
- 2 tbsp Jif Natural Crunch Peanut Butter *I used crunchy but Jif Creamy Peanut Butter is great, too!
- Smucker's Fruit Spread *I used Smucker's Simply Fruit Apricot
What You'll Do:
- Using your biggest mug, melt butter for 15 seconds in the microwave.
- Add water and stir.
- Mix in egg until all three ingredients are blended.
- Stir in flour and baking powder.
- Add Jif Natural Crunch Peanut Butter and stir all ingredients until a thick batter has formed. *Note, it might be clumpy and that's totally okay.
- Cook in the microwave for 3 minutes.
- Remove carefully as it will be hot!
- You can gently remove the cake from the mug and place on a plate. Slice the cake and spread your favorite Smucker's Fruit Spread.
- Serve warm and enjoy this wonderful breakfast treat!
What I love most about this recipe is that I get to use my favorite Smucker's and Jif products. I swear each one of us in our family has a different favorite Smucker's Fruit Spread and either prefer the Jif Natural Crunchy Peanut Butter or Jif Natural Creamy Peanut Butter. All are delicious and all can be used for this cake mug recipe. Also, we all know how much I love shopping at Target and using my Cartwheel App for coupons. Right now, make sure you use Cartwheel to save an extra 5% off Smucker's Fruit Spreads and Jif Peanut Butter Spreads at Target!